It has been a few to 6 months since last time I released or posted something here, no to tell the reason.
So as a solution I started creating a new software - as there is no other way to fix the problem (of course)
To create a new HTPC solution from scratch is somewhat time consuming..
The recipe goes as follows
- Find suitable libraries for video and audio playback
- Find suitable libraries for full screen web browsing
- Do code as a maniac
- Do remember to relax
- And do think what other users might have to expect for the software to do
- Use the "nightly" release to do what you might expect and be prepared for a catastrophic disappointment
- The name of the software to become, I decided to name it as vamp# (video amp) as the audio software this is using via WCF will be the amp#
The project seems to be creating a lot of side projects - with Windows.Forms, reminder: Learn something more efficient ..
So to the conclusion, it might take another six months before this project will released as I'm doing this as a hobby, not as work.
By the way I try not to release any beta version of any software, so just email me or contact me other way if you found more bugs on the previously released software however I use my laziness as an excuse to do nothing.
A teaser :
The most time consuming issue seem to be a license compatibility with the GLPv3 - someone (hopefully not me) should construct a mind-map or a software to see the compatibility with the selected license .
- Make it work
- Have the time to make it work
- Release the updated projects such as amp# before releasing this project
- Lot more of of this hobby
- Duplicate the amount of swearing out loud
I have not spared any resources on this one, all the images used in the software are PNG images sized enough to scale to a 4K television and this is made possible by the openclipart.org with an excellent selection of image as I don't have any visually artistic talents.
As I mentioned before I have spared no resources - first the working directory
Surprise, the size is now a lot smaller !
See you all at the next time (TODO:: update the manifesto of something to support the GDPR)..