A tabbed notepad software with scripting support (C#; for manipulating a file contents).
- Support for spell checking via Hunspell dictionaries using a pure C# implementation of the Hunspell, WeCantSpell: Hunspell.
- New files are automatically saved into a SQLite database; this software doesn't ask questions while closing it or if the session is ending.
- Pure C#.
- Open source, well documented source code; fork, make PR or develop further on your own.
- Localizable directly from the menu for your own language. (new languages are welcome!).
- Highly customizable.
- Possibility to export a code file to HTML maintaining the lexer style.
- Small size (installer: ~4 MB).
- Session support; you may create a session for etc. one for common files, one for SQL files and so on.
- Support for plug-ins as .NET assemblies. A sample plugin is included (a modified ROT-13 algorithm - surprise!).
- A difference (diff) viewer both side-by-side and as a list based on the DiffPlex library.
- Currently supported locales: en-US, fi-FI.
- Based on the great library called ScintillaNET.
- License: MIT.
- Microsoft® Windows® supporting .NET Framework v.4.7.
- Resemblance with the famous Notepad++ ?: This software has no intention to compete with the Notepad++ software while the outlook of the software is somewhat familiar with it. The main differences are the script support, the managed programming language; C# and the session support.
- Current version v.188.8.131.52 (09.07.2019)
- A lot since the start (something last year..)
The main window containing text while editing this article
The script runner window with a template script
The settings dialog
- Aha-Soft free 16x16 application icons
- Faenza icons
- Open Icon Library
- JetBrains Open Source License(s)
- A lot more, TODO::Add!
A lightweight open source HTPC software for video, audio and photo playback for Microsoft® Windows® platform.
- Current version 184.108.40.206 (14.10.2018)
- A SQLite database to save locations of media files and their statistics.
- No changes are made to the files system - all operations are done withing the database.
- A very simple GUI and easy to use.
- Low system requirements as the software with video playback is based on the efficient VLC media player library.
- Audio playback is based on the amp# software's remote control API.
- A possibility play a single media file.
- A possibility to create TV show season episode libraries additionally using the TMDb database.
- A possibility to create movie libraries additionally using the TMDb database.
- A XML import/export possibility for photo albums
- A YouTube television API via the Chromium Embedded Framework.
- A possibility to watch multimedia from the internet using the GeckoFX.
- The photo album editor allows you to tag and describe photo/image files.
- Minimal settings - nothing much to configure.
- Currently supported languages: en-US, fi-FI
- Microsoft® Windows® supporting .NET Framework v.4.6.1.
- Runs both on 32 and 64 bit operating systems.
- Internet connection for the TMDb database, this is however optional.
- 4 GB RAM, a hard drive and some Intel Celeron or similar CPU with 2+ cores and running @2 GHz and a display chip
- v.220.127.116.11 (30.09.2018)
- - Initial release.
- v.18.104.22.168 (06.10.2018)
- Added fixes to the photo album editor.
- Added deletion possibility to the watched items, movie collections, TV show collections and photo albums from their corresponding lists.
- v.22.214.171.124 (07.10.2018)
- Fixed issues with the amp# remote API player window.
- v.126.96.36.199 (10.10.2018)
- Added standard keyboard controls to web browser forms.
- Added home button to web browser forms.
- The refresh button is no longer visible when the website location list is shown.
- Updated the installer script version.
- Added fixes to the PDF viewer window.
- Update the © VPKSoft 20xx link on the main window.
- v.188.8.131.52 (14.10.2018)
- Fixed the mute function on the video player window.
- Updated the instructions.
- Added menu item for the instructions to the installer.
- Added localization menu item to the installer.
- Added version info to the splash screen.
- Added F1 key to main window to view the help PDF file.
- Changed the ugly delete button in the music player window to a better one.
Credits / Attribution
- TMdbEasy - a great wrapper library for the TMDb database.
- libVLC - libVLC is the core engine and the interface to the multimedia framework on which VLC media player is based.
- Vlc.DotNet - Vlc.DotNet is a .net library that hosts the audio/video capabilities of the VLC libraries. In other words, it's a .net wrapper around libvlc.
- Chromium Embedded Framework - The Chromium Embedded Framework (CEF) is a simple framework for embedding Chromium-based browsers in other applications.
- CefSharp - .NET (WPF and Windows Forms) bindings for the Chromium Embedded Framework.
- GeckoFX-45.0 - library that allows embedding gecko in C# applications.
- openclipart.org - Free scalable vector graphics and png (Portable Network Graphics).
- Loading.io - Loading.io provides the world's best ajax loaders, loading gifs, preloaders and ajax spinners.
- NsisDotNetChecker - NSIS plugin that allows one to detect if particular .Net framework is installed on the computer and download/install one if it is not found.
- PdfiumViewer - PDF viewer based on Google's PDFium.
- libdvdcss- libdvdcss is a simple library designed for accessing DVDs like a block device without having to bother about the decryption.
- Globalmousekeyhook - This library allows you to tap keyboard and mouse, detect and record their activity even when an application is inactive and runs in background.
- MediaInfo - MediaInfo is a convenient unified display of the most relevant technical and tag data for video and audio files.
- MediaInfoDotNet - Wrapper Library for MediaInfo Library. Automatically chooses 32 and 64 bit library.
- Aha-Soft 16x16 Free Application Icons - A small icon set of 16x16 icons in various image formats.
- MetadataExtractor - MetadataExtractor is a straightforward .NET library for reading metadata from image and movie files.
- NSIS - NSIS (Nullsoft Scriptable Install System) is a professional open source system to create Windows installers.
- TMDb - The Movie Database (TMDb) is a community built movie and TV database.
The splash screen
A screen shot of the main window
The settings window
The photo album editor window
- Make the main menu keyboard-usable
- Finalize the DVD playback if I get more than two DVDs to test with
- Write instructions for the software and instructions of how to compile the software from source
- Q: WHY? A: The Kodi (which is a great HTPC software) kept on lagging on my HTPC box and I wanted to spent a year programming an alternative instead of purchasing a better HTPC box
- Q: Why is the project so huge? A: It has two web browsers embedded and the VLC media player with wrapper libraries both in 32 and in 64 bit versions and of course many great other libraries to help with the software's functionality. The installed binary version "only" takes about 850 megabytes with 1381 files in 507 folders.
- Q: Why this library, Globalmousekeyhook? A: The VLC and some other libraries don't report the keyboard or mouse movement correctly - so that's why (no intention is to record the user activity as can be seen from the source code).
- Q: Another question? A: Do ask
A music player for common audio formats with a simple and intuitive GUI.
- Current version 184.108.40.206 (23.07.2019)
- A simple one window GUI
- Files are added with drag and drop operation
- No changes to the file system are made, only the music database (SQLite)
- Per-song based volume adjust - which is saved to a database
- Songs can be renamed without a reflection to the file it self
- Effective search based on file tags, file name and a given name
- Search box is in the main window - when active just start writing to search
- Supported music formats are mp3, ogg, wav, wma, m4a, aac, aif, aiff and flac using NAudio library
- Supported languages en-US, fi-FI
- Possibility to save multiple amounts of named queue snapshots with a modification capability
- A timer to enable a "quite hours" feature so your neighbors don't get angry, if you forget to stop the playback at an inconvenient time
- A key combination of CTRL+[+] can be used to insert into the queue rather than append
- Possibility to import/export saved queues to/from a file
- Latency setting in milliseconds
- Possibility to add to an existing queue from the queue snapshot list
- WCF remote control support
- Supports for song naming configuration.
- Possibility to scramble / random a queue.
- Support for modified (biased) randomization.
- Microsoft® Windows® supporting .NET Framework v.4.7.
- 32-bit processor is enough
- Add files by dragging and dropping
- Rename (not the file) with F2
- Toggle queue by [+] button
- Search by writing text - this is actually amazing as you can start writing where ever the focus is..
- Other - use the menu
The main window while searching
The main menu and album list
Save a queue snapshot dialog
The queue menu
JetBrains for their Open Source License(s)
A calendar displaying moon phases, sun and moon rise / set times, detailed data of the sun and the moon.
- Current version 220.127.116.11 (22.03.2016)
- Two 35 day calendar grids for the sun and the moon with dates aligned with week numbers
- The sun and the moon calendars show detail data (rise and set times, moon phase, etc.) and more details by clicking the date
- Mouse-controlled detail data of a selected date (twilight times, sun an moon curves above / below the horizon)
- 8 future moon phases and their dates
- Supported languages: en-US and fi-FI (Localization support)
- A Microsoft® Windows® supporting .NET Framework v.4.5.1
- Accept the GPL v3 license
- The application may not perform correctly if location (latitude and longitude) is set to a different time zone than the system time zone
The sun calendar at the publish date
The moon calendar at the publish date
The detail data (Misc data) at the publish date
Evidence of localization support (LangLib) in fi-FI
The settings dialog
Binary, no installer
A directory copying utility with can exclude and include given directories and files.
- Current version 18.104.22.168 (29.04.15)
- Copy a directory with possibility to exclude and include given directories and files.
- A copy profile may be saved.
- No installer included. Just zipped binary and source release.
- Microsoft® Windows® supporting .NET Framework v.4.5.1.