A .NET library containing 260 different country (and other) flags.
- Current version 1.1.5 (28.05.22)
- Includes 260 different country (and other) flags.
- The country (and other) flags int the library are in 4 different sizes: 16×16, 24×24, 32×32 and 64×64 an custom size via SVG (flag-icons).
- There are three types of country (and other) flags in the library: flat and “lovely glossy finish” as PNG files and the third option is SVG files.
- The library can be called the get a flag with System.Globalization.CultureInfo, System.Globalization.RegionInfo and a two letter ISO country name.
- Full XML documentation is included (public/private)
- A sample application is included.
- WinForms: Contains a ComboBox control for country selection (ComboBoxCountrySelect).
- Eto.Forms: Contains a DropDown control for country selection (ComboBoxCountrySelect).
Notes, third party and thanks
- The PNG flag icons in the library are from the Internet from address https://www.gosquared.com/resources/flag-icons/.
- The PNG flag icons are licensed under the terms of the The MIT License (MIT) and are copyrighted by Go Squared Ltd. Huge amount of thanks for their great job and for licensing their flag icons with a permissive license.
- The SVG flag icons in the library (flag-icons) belong to Lipis and are also licensed under the terms of the The MIT License (MIT) and are available in GitHub: https://github.com/lipis/flag-icons
- I have made no changes of the content of the icons, I only renamed them to suit the library.
- A Microsoft® Windows® supporting .NET Framework v.4.8 for the WinForms version of the library or a Linux®, macOS® or Microsoft® Windows® supporting .NET 6 for the Eto.Forms implementation.
- MIT compatible application for the library and MIT compatibility for flag icons.
The sample application displaying a flag in a “lovely glossy finish” sized 64×64 pixels.
An Eto.Forms sample application in Linux (GTK)
An Eto.Forms sample application in Windows (WPF)