Easy Cardfile Professional is a versatile card-file software.
- Current version 0.1.1.1064
- Works with many OS'es
- Microsoft® Windows® 98, ME, 2000, XP, Vista™
- Linux® *
- Mac® OS X **
- Many others if one wishes to port. **
- Many possible uses. Card-filing:
- Optical media: CD's, DVD's, HD-DVD's, BluRay Discs, ..
- Food recipes
- Keep a diary
- Contact information
- VHS, C Cassettes, Vinyl records, ...
- You just name it. The possibilities are limitless.
- Encryption (XXTEA/Corrected block TEA)
- Compression (zlib)
- Picture support
- Rich text support (not RTF)
- Great search capabilities
- freedb and MusicBrainz support
- Languages: en, fi
*) Requires a compile from source code.
**) Requires a compile from source code. Not tested.
- Download the file: ecfp-setup.exe.
- Execute the installer.
- Download the file: ecfp-source.tar.gz.
- Extract the file ecfp-source.tar.gz.
- Move to the directory where you extracted the file.
- Run: make.
- As a super user: Run: ./install.sh
Other things you need to know:
Easy Cardfile Professional uses an external software called
discid which can be found in the package libdiscid-1.1.tar.gz.
This is a library that has been downloaded from MusicBrainz.
As the library is lisenced under LGPL I released the modified source code which can be found in the downloads section.
The only thing that actually has been changed is the file "examples/discid.c" which output I made more machine-readable.
Easy Cardfile Professional does actually not depend on that library but if you wish to use those CD-ROM things with Easy Cardfile
you'll need it. In the Windows-package a pre-compiled executable is included.